Friday, May 29, 2009

Noquis Del 29

I think my favourite food holiday ever has to be the 29th of the month, Noquis Night. Here in BsAs they promote the celebration of food, specifically noquis (or gnocchi), on the 29th of every month. Every where you go in the city on the 29th you're bound to see signs up in the bars, restaurants and of course, the pasta fresca shops, advertising special meals and deals for noquis. The tradition follows that by the end of the month you were most likely pretty low on cash, so flour and potato (being the cheapest foods around) are combined to make a delicious meal you can't shake a stick at. Traditionally you're supposed to put your last 100 peso bill under the plate to make your money last as long as the meal, however I've only got about two pesos left to my name at the moment so I'll be skipping out on that part of custom.
Despite being dirt poor I'm on board with any holiday that promotes and celebrates good food (ie Thanksgiving, Boxing Day) and will happily shell out for a good meal, but I'm especially zealous about a holiday that celebrates good food every month of the year! Feast your eyes on this and eat your heart out:

1 comment: